Panasonic SD-YD250 Overview
The Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker offers all the options a home bakery could require for the different types of bread that you want to bake. You can also make bread with ingredients such as pieces of dry fruit or raisins. There is a handy beeper function that will tell you when it is time to add these ingredients after the dough has been mixed. With a capacity of two and a half pounds this bread maker will handle most household bread baking needs. The type of crust can be decided at the time of baking, ranging from soft and light to dark and crusty.
Bread baking is made easy by a number of advanced features, for example yeast can be added from a dispenser on the top of the baking unit at the right time. As an alternative, it is perfectly adept at producing non yeast flat bread. It can also be used as a non baking mixer; you can use it to make croissant mix, pizza base mix and even focaccia dough. There is a 13 hour timer function that allows you to prepare your bread mix in advance and then cook it later. This is ideal for preparing breakfast bread the night before or bread for the evening before you go to work in the morning.
Features of the Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker
- 550 watt bread machine suitable for average size loaves as well as large and extra large loaves
- Crust color and crunch selector comes with a yeast dispenser that works automatically
- Easy to read LCD control unit
- Comes with a user guide, measuring cups and spoon as well as a kneading blade
- Dimensions 13.4 x 9.1 x 14 inches
- Comes with a limited one year warranty
Pros of Panasonic SD-YD250
- Well-textured and evenly made loaves of bread.
- The non-stick tub is of very high quality; even 10 years of use will not mar it.
- The color of the crust is even at the top and even at the bottom.
- Remarkable yeast dispenser.
- Quick mixing of ingredients
Cons of Panasonic SD-YD250
- Not very noisy, but if you live in a home where sound from the other room carries over, you will be a bit disturbed. Especially, if you are working this machine in the night.
- The instruction manual is not that easy to comprehend.
- You have to pay more attention to details if you want the loaf to come out well. You cannot just leave it and find everything magically done.
- It takes up a whole lot of space in the room. Will not be good for the counter space.
- The replacement blade is a bit expensive when compared to other brands.
- No window on the machine so you will not know how the kneading is going unless you lift the cover to see.
Overwhelmingly liked by reviewers, this bread maker has provided a high level of satisfaction from a manufacturer who is known for the quality of its products. Considering the large number of reviews at Amazon, it is not surprising that some of them are negative. This negativity is caused when the product fails to work and the experience of the reviewers when they looked for customer support services. However, the number of negative reviews is really small.
For the many reviewers who gave the product a positive rating they liked the state of the art look and feel of the product and its large bread baking capacity of 2.5 pounds. Reviewers noted that this bread maker is large and you will need to make sure that you have enough space in your kitchen to locate it in a place that will not be inconvenient.
Reviewers noted that the consistent excellent quality of the bread was a really positive feature and that even rapid baking produced good quality results. This bread maker is quieter than previous models, but it still does make some noise when it is kneading the dough. Many reviewers found the low noise welcoming as it showed that the bread maker is actually working.
Other reviewers were very satisfied with this bread maker when considering its price performance, as they feel that it does match up well to its price tag. Some had experienced bread makers that they were not familiar with, such as the Breadman, they said that in comparison this bread maker is quiet in operation and will not rock unsteadily when kneading the dough. Reviewers generally expect quality from Panasonic and this is exactly what they get with this bread maker. Many had already used older Panasonic bread makers in the past and reported up to 8 years satisfactory operation.
Reviewers point out the quality of the bread that is baked is the key to the success of this model; unlike cheaper bread makers it really does produce quality bread time after time, after time. The capacity of this bread maker is another one of its advantages that is well liked by people who reviewed it. At 2.5 pounds it is considered a superior product that has all the advantages of the beep notification to add ingredients, the ability to be programmed up to 13 hours before use and the ability to be cleaned easily.
This is a well priced feature rich bread maker that will give many years of customer satisfaction. If you have enough kitchen worktop space the Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker is an ideal complement to your kitchen equipment.