- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon SugarBrown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- A dash of ground cinnamon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons ButterUnsalted, melted and slightly cooled butter
- 1 large egg Eggs
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries Raspberries
- Maple SyrupFor garnish
- SugarPowdered sugar for garnish
- ButterFor skillet
Put flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk them. Put the bowl aside.
Stir in chocolate chips and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes as the skillet heats.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and then place a heat-proof plate in the oven to ensure your cooked pancakes will stay warm.
Warm the non-stick skillet with medium to low heat and then add ½ tablespoon of butter in it. From there, add 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan for each pancake.
Cook the pancakes until they brown. Flip them once to cook the other side until it is browned and the pancake is cooked inside.
Place the cooked pancakes on the heat-proof plate in the oven to keep them warm as you cook the remaining pancakes.
When all the pancakes are cooked, it’s time to serve. Smash raspberry in a small bowl and place a few of the smashed pieces on a plate. Top three or four small pancakes and more raspberries.
Optional: Add maple syrup, if desired.
Serve the delicious pancakes warm with your favorite hot or cold beverage.