Here Are the Best Long Slot Toasters As Voted by UK Moms
Which is the best long slot toaster in UK? We recently surveyed our readers asking about the long slot toasters they recommend. These are the 10 best long slot toasters in UK as voted by UK moms.
Everyone loves a hot cup of beverage with a buttery toast. If you don’t, then you are either lying or just weird. No? Okay, bad joke. According to the internet, you will realize that not everyone likes coffee or tea and toast for breakfast. However, this article isn’t for people who fall in the latter category; it’s typically for ardent toast lovers.
When it was first introduced, the electric toaster was more of a white-hot pure genius stroke and remained that way for quite a while. Mainly when convenient loaf sizes and plastic packaging began emerging. The slots in the toasters were typically made to accommodate the bread slices sizes that were available during that time.
One major downside to these appliances is that they accommodate standard size bread slices. In this case, people who like toasted chunky slices of crusty bread are disadvantaged. Hacking your way into it is quite tricky so is squeezing the toast in the slots. You, therefore, will need to go with the traditional grills which are time-consuming.
This is where the long slot toaster comes in. The toasters are mainly designed to accommodate thicker bread slices and those that are slightly taller than the standard ones. Over the last couple of decades, the market has experienced an explosion with the invention of long slot toasters. Consequently, there are several different products you get to choose from. Trying to pick the best from all these alternatives can be fascinating but also challenging.
Best Long Slot Toasters in UK
However, this article highlights some of the best long slot toasters in the UK to save you such headaches.
#1. IKICH 4-Slice Toaster
When it comes to long slot bread toasters in the UK, IKICH is among the best. IKICJ is an iconic kitchen appliances manufacturer. The IKICH 4 Slice Toaster has a slimline design that complements different kitchens while the black colour contrasts the red illuminated controls.
The toaster features two long slots that provide enough space for the longer and taller bread slices such as artisan and sourdough. It can accommodate up to four bread slices for those days you just want a regular toasted bread.
You will also love the variable controls in brown, which makes it quite easy to have your bread to the colour you prefer and consistency. It equally offers the lift-and-look practicality meaning you can check the toast slices during the entire process. Besides, with this toaster, you can also preheat, defrost, cancel, and even empty and clean the tray by removing.
- It has two long slots that offer enough space
- It has a browning control variable setting
- Lift-and-look function to keep tabs on the bread as it cooks
- Typical features such as defrosting, cancelling, and reheating
- Super wide but the manufacturer could make it a bit taller
- The toaster doesn’t toast bread evenly
#2. Dualit Two Slot Long Lite Toaster
Dualit is advanced technologically and is a known company producing quality products. The Dualit 2 Long Slot Lite Toaster automatically calculates to determine how brown your toast should be. The toaster features extra thick and long slots 3.6cm and 26cm, respectively.
The peek and pop function makes it easy to keep an eye on the toast. While the unique rolls/bagels and you can directly add to the freezer the defrost baked goods. Just like other best long slot toaster in the UK, this one also comes with a removable crumb tray. It does feature a warming rack that ensures the toast is warm.
- The toast technology is ideal for determining the appropriate temperature
- You can monitor your toast closely with the peek and pop function
- It comes with extra wide and long slots
- Customers complain of quality issues
#3. Swan 4 Slice Toaster
The Swan 4 Slice Toaster has two slots for a regular bread slice even for things you can cut all by yourself, unlike other toasters that offer predetermined slots. It additionally has the browning control benefit making it easy to select your preferred warmth and toasty level.
You will also love the toaster’s retro feel design and the old-fashioned controls. Just like other toasters, it has a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- It has an impressive retro design and colouring
- Browning control variable
- The crumb tray is removable
- Old-fashioned toaster controls and defrost
- Ideal for longer bread than the standard size but doesn’t work well with thick slices.
#4. Russell Hobbs Luna Long Slot Toaster
Who doesn’t know Russell Hobbs? If you do, then that alone will make you warm up to the idea of the Russel Hobbs Luna Long Slot Toaster manufactured in the UK. It’s a stainless-steel showpiece with exquisite copper accents on the sides. It prides in quick toasting technology which the company suggests offers 55% faster toasting compared to other toasters.
What’s more, it features the lift and look function, making it easy for you to keep an eye on the toast during the process. It also has other options, such as cancel, defrosts, and reheat.
- Quick toasting technology
- Durable and robust stainless-steel structure
- Steel with a copper complement
- Lift and look plus other different practical and functional features
- Some customers say the toaster only colours the bread instead of toasting
- It interferes with power on the main cable
#5. Aigostar Sunshine 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster
The Aigostar Sunshine Long Slot Toaster offers enough space to accommodate any size of bread slice, unlike other traditional toasters. It has all essential key features from defrosting, variable brown control, to the lift and look function. If you prefer crumpets to bread, this model comes with a selectable crumpet toasting alternative as well.
- Modern, stylish toaster
- Extra-long slots accommodating different bread slices sizes
- Variable brown control
- Cleaning this model is quite easy
- Unique crumpet toasting and defrost alternatives
- From the customer reviews, it’s not quite as fast
- It can be tricky setting the toast browning level
#6. Igenix 4 Slice Toaster
The Igenix Long Slot Toaster features six adjustable variable browning control selections that you can set according to your preferences. It can accommodate different bread slices sizes since the width of the slots is spacious. It has an easily accessible and removable crumb tray to keep the toaster clean. Just like other toasters, it equally has the cancel button, defrosting, and reheating options.
- Self-centring slots with different widths
- The browning settings are quite easy to select
- It has a cancel button, defrost, and reheat options
- It comes with a removable and easily accessible crumb tray
- It doesn’t toast bread evenly
- The adaptor lead is quite short
#7. Tower 2 Slice Long Slot Glass Toaster
The Tower 2 Slice Long Slot Toaster has extra-wide slots, 4cm which accommodates thick bread slices, crumpets, and bagels. You will love this model’s accuracy and precision and how Tower is a step ahead of other competitors. It’s extra high and has a viewing window on the side beside the variable browning controls. The features do give the toaster an edge over similar products, especially where any slight detail makes a huge difference.
- The toaster has wider slots
- Variable browning controls
- It has the standard defrost, reheat, and cancel buttons
- It features the high lift function to help you assess the toast and offer protection
- The viewing window is prone to getting stained making it quite difficult to view
#8. Severin Automatic 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster
The Severin Automatic 4 Slice Toaster comes with six browning control settings. It’s a great and affordable alternative, especially when it comes to the best long slot toasters in the UK. It has a taller design that makes it stand out among other similar toasters.
People who bake larger bread slices will appreciate the nifty warming rack. The rack can be set up on top of the slots for keeping cakes, buns, croissants, and rolls to the right temperature. Also, it has a well-made cord wrap and crumb tray feature.
- Wider slots for different bread slices sizes
- Six variable browning control options and standards such as reheating, cancelling, and defrosting
- It has a warming rack that is integrated into the toaster
- It’s easy to clean since it has a removable crumb tray
- It’s quite easy to use
- It doesn’t toast some artisan slices of bread evenly
#9. Princess Double Long Slot Toaster
With the Princess Double Slot Toaster, you can easily select the options by simply touching the dial. It has several standard controls like automatic shut off, pop-up, cancel, reheat, and defrost.
- It’s efficient and powerful
- Ideal for different bread slice sizes
- Easy to choose pre-programmed functions
- It has a removable crumb tray
- The metal casing can conduct the generated heat from the toaster
#10. Kenwood True TTP210 Toaster
The Kenwood True TTP210 is similar to the Princess long slot toaster. However, the controls are in different positions but do the same functions. The toaster has six pre-programmed settings that can help you with browning control. It additionally features an automatic cancellation button, defrost, and reheat functions.
The only difference is that this toaster only accommodates two bread slices and is not as powerful. Plus, it does benefit from non-slip feet and beautiful exterior design.
- It can comfortably handle two bread slices
- It comes with six variable browning options
- It has a high-performance toasting alternative
- It’s quite small
- It’s slow at toasting compared to other models
Tips for Buying the Best Long Slot Toaster in the UK
The article has narrowed down to ten of the best long slot toasters in the UK, but some people will still find it hard choosing from the above alternatives. Therefore, you should put into consideration these features when buying:
a) Variable Browning Control
If you want a versatile and flexible toaster in terms of size, you should go for a toaster that allows you to adjust the browning effects. All the models in this article have the variable dial for settings.
b) The Slots Width and Length
The idea of investing in the best long slot toaster in the UK is to have enough space for different bread slices sizes. If you are not sure of the average thickness and length of what you are baking, check the manufacturer’s handy guide.
c) Cancel, Defrost, and Reheat Functions
All toasters usually have three functions. They offer an excellent toasting experience. The cancel button works perfectly well with other critical features on the toasters.
d) Lift and Look Technique
You could only look at the toast after pressing the cancel button in the past. Currently, most high-quality toasters feature a technique that lets you check the toast without interfering with the heat.
e) Crumb Tray
The removable crumb tray is essential as it helps keep the toaster clean and tidy. Always go for a model with a removable crumb tray to get rid of any odour resulting from burnt bread chunks and crumbs. Fortunately, all the long slot toasters in this article have this feature.
f) The Length of the Cord
You can always check the length of the mains cable before purchasing. It’s crucial since you need to ascertain that the cable does reach the socket safely and the toaster is set correctly in the kitchen. However, longer cables are usually better.
From the recommendations above, we certainly shed light on different long slot toasters in the UK that come in various forms and shapes. Depending on your personal preferences, you will get an ideal toaster to suit your needs from the selection.
Related Article: Best Long Slot Toasters in the US