These Are the Best Toaster Ovens Under $200 That Guarantee Delicious Toast
Looking for the best toaster oven under $200? Here are the 6 top options that moms love.
Toaster ovens are amongst the most useful appliances found in the kitchen. They can perform several tasks from roasting a chicken to baking pizzas. These are only a few examples of some of the foods that the appliances can cook within a short amount of time and utilizing very little energy compared to a traditional oven.
Regardless of whether your oven is outdated, your kitchen space is limited or you’d just like to avoid the hassle that comes with heating up a regular oven, a toaster oven will help you solve the situation. It would also be the perfect upgrade for your pop-up toaster.
What To Look Out For In A Toaster Oven
One of the most important things to consider when shopping for a toaster oven is countertop space. Although a smaller unit will require less space, you won’t be able to cook large quantities of food at the same time. Also, a bigger toaster oven can comfortably fit a full chicken and operate in the same way a regular oven does. Note: A great safety precaution; ensure that there’s enough space around the oven so that it doesn’t overheat like it would when placed next to other items.
Here are some other factors to put into consideration when looking for the perfect toaster oven:
- Time and temperature settings: Go for a unit whose range is flexible enough to toast slices of bread or heat up your leftovers quickly. The temperature should range between 350 degrees F to 500 degrees F.
- Even cooking: Confirm that both the bottom and top racks receive heat accordingly.
- Ease of use: Pick a toaster oven that can be operated simply by pressing a button, and whose racks and trays can slide in and out of the unit without any difficulty. Also check out the kind of preset functions that come with it.
- Safety measure: Look at the customer reviews and performance ratings to confirm that the device you’re planning to buy is safe.
Best Toaster Ovens Under $200
Watch the video below to find out the best toaster ovens under $200.
Otherwise, continue reading below.
There are numerous toaster ovens available out there, that make the selection process quite challenging. We came up with this list of some of the best toaster ovens available in the market at $200 and below, with assistance from cooking professionals and reviews from customers from sites like Amazon Prime.
If you’re looking for the best toaster ovens available at $200 and below, continue reading.
#1.Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven Convection Toaster Oven
The Breville Smart Convection Oven is a high-quality device with enough space and many features. Although it’s a little expensive, it’s worth the money, plus it will be amongst the most utilized gadgets in the kitchen. The appliance has settings such as toast, roast, bake and heat which can be used to cook perfect meals with 1800 watts of energy. Something great about this device is that it conserves energy
The unit can comfortably fit a pan measuring 9×13, an entire pizza and it also includes a convection fan that is used for even browning. The toaster oven is a great addition to all kitchens out there.
- Large capacity
- Has 9 functions; reheat, toast, bake, pizza, bagel, cookies, warm, broil and roast
- Comes with 2 racks and a 13-inch pizza pan
- A little pricy
#2.Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
If you love cooking and you’re looking for a big, reliable and powerful toaster oven, then Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven is the perfect choice because it doesn’t only cook food evenly, it broils and bales excellently. Its interior is large enough to fit a whole chicken, 9 bread slices or a 13” pizza. Its design is beautiful and sleek, therefore combining performance and aesthetics.
- Internal capacity is large enough to cook huge amounts of food
- Comes with 2 baking rack
- Comprises of 2 different temperatures and times for cooking
- Has a 3-year warranty
- Pretty expensive
- Doesn’t come with a baking tray
- Programming settings can be quite confusing
- Not suited for small kitchens
#3.Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven
This is a small capacity toaster oven that is capable of toasting slices of bread evenly and within a short time, becoming amongst the fastest toaster ovens that can be found on the market, thanks to its infrared heating technology. Apart from toasting, the appliance can cook foods such as pizza, bread rolls and waffles. It can also defrost and reheat different kinds of food quickly without having to preheat it.
The toaster isn’t a great choice for preparing roast dishes, so you would benefit from it if you already have a regular oven and only intend to use it as an easy to operate and faster alternative. The unit comes with an aluminum baking pan, and is available in silver and white.
- No preheating required
- Racks come out automatically once the door is opened
- Quick heating and toasting
- Best appliance for heating frozen dishes, toasting bread or reheating different types of food
- Not suited for broiling or roasting
- Limited timer of only 25 minutes
- Small interior
#4. Cuisinart TOA-28 Compact Air Fryer Toaster Oven
This is a simple and sleek-looking unit that comes with all basic settings, and doesn’t include any extra fancy ones which are often not used but only increase the price point. The design of the Cuisinart Compact Oven is versatile and it ensures even cooking making it a strong and less expensive choice, especially already own a traditional oven and are only looking for the convenience that a toaster oven provides. The toaster oven is available in silver and black and it comes with a grill rack, broil pan, a crumb tray and a removable metal drip which make the cleaning process easy.
- Has 4 settings; toast, broil, keep warm and bake
- Shuts off automatically once the cooking process is done
- The exterior part remains pretty cool to touch after use
- Doesn’t have a defrost setting
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Requires a lot of counter space
#5.Hamilton Beach 6 Slice Toaster Oven
The Hamilton Beach 6 Slice Toaster Oven requires less room on the counter compared to most expensive units with an exception to the features and quality. This is what makes this toaster one of the best units that can be found out there.
The cooking functions are quite basic, bake, warm and broil and it performs fast and evenly. The toaster oven can accommodate 6 bread slices or a 12” pizza and it also comes inclusive of a baking rack for the 2 rack positions as well as an aluminum baking pan.
- Great value for money
- Its door and small design require little space, meaning it can fit in all kitchens
- Since it’s a convection oven, the hot air ensures even cooking
- The door can be rolled back for easy removing and inserting food
- Becomes pretty hot when in operation
- Has only 3 cooking functions
- Not every part is made from stainless steel
#6.BLACK+DECKER 4 Slice Toaster Oven
If you’re shopping for an affordable option that you’ll only use occasionally or for activities like reheating, toasting bread and baking, this is the perfect unit for you. The BLACK+DECKER 4 Slice Toaster Oven is budget friendly and well suited for small kitchen spaces or dorm rooms. As its name suggests, the toaster can only fit 4 bread slices at once or a 9” pizza. The unit also comes with a small cookie tray and a wire rack.
- Has 4 settings; toasting, keeping food warm, broiling and baking
- Great pick for someone with limited countertop space in the kitchen
- Due to the limited dimensions, it can only handle small portions of food
- The exterior part becomes very hot
- Doesn’t have many settings compared to it pricier counterparts
Generally, toaster ovens are a good addition and sometimes the best substitute for regular ovens because of their even cooking, reduced dimensions and versatility. Before you settle on a specific model, make sure it will full fill all your requirements.