Here Are the Best 7 Toasters for Bagels and Bread
Breakfast is a good way to start your day, especially with family. You need the best toaster to serve quality bread. Here are some of the best toasters ideal for bagel toasting. Check out the specifications and get an option that will work for you.
Difference Between Bagel and Conventional Toasters
Bagel toasters usually have slots 1.5 inches wide and have a bagel feature to particularly toast the cut side. It additionally features heating elements on the sides that keep the exterior cool while the bagel stays warm and soft.
Best Toaster Size
If you are looking to toast bagels in large quantities, a commercial or 4-slice toaster would be ideal. But 2-slice compact toaster models are great for small kitchen spaces and small quantities.
Save for the bagel option, the best toaster for bagels should also have the defrost and reheat options. Other toasters have a timer, LCD, keep warm, and a feature that typically memorizes the settings you frequently use. Depending on your preferences, go for a toaster will all these functions.
The price of bagel toasters usually depends on quality and brand. Expensive models have sturdier construction and also guarantee longer lifespan but the cheaper ones equally offer impressive results.
Best Toaster for Bagels and Bread
Watch the video below to see the best toasters for bagels:
Otherwise, continue reading below.
· KRUPS 4-Slot Toaster
KRUPS toasts up to four bread slices to different browning levels simultaneously with the dual control panels. The slots are extra-large to ensure the browning is even and also to accommodate different bread types including buns, bagels, and muffins.
The toaster features six browning settings meaning you can toast your bread to different shades from one(light) to six(darker). For consistent results, it comes with four push-button settings: defrost, reheat, cancel, and bagel toasting.
KRUPS Toaster additionally features a lever on the sides for raising and lowering the bread comfortably. It comes with a removable crumb tray that makes cleaning easy.
This toaster will help make your breakfast faster since the slots hold thin bread slices and thick bagels for baking. Each slot has a roasting control and LED lights to indicate the entire cooking process.
- It features a lift lever for raising and lowering your bakeries without getting exposed to heat
· Hamilton Beach 22811 Keep Warm 2-Slice Toaster
- Your bread slice will stay warm without over toasting
- The toaster has the “keep warm” setting with alert and automatically shuts off after three minutes
- The toaster’s sides are made of stainless steel
- The toast boost typically raises the food higher for easier removal
- For easy view, the toaster features easy-push buttons that illuminate
Nothing beats the quality, speed, ease of use, and consistency of this toaster when it comes to toasting two bread slices. It’s quite easy to operate, and the light keys let you choose between bagel settings, melting ice, and ordinary roasting. The numbered buttons allow you to decide how crispy you want your toast.
The grill maintains the perfect temperature for up to three minutes after which it automatically turns off. It also has the lifting feature known as a toast boost that allows you to comfortably lower and raise the bread slices in and out of the toaster. It’s cheap, compact and comes with the defrost and bagel functions.
- The toaster can keep your bagels warm for up to three minutes
- The exterior remains cold even when the toaster is running.
- The cable is too short
· Kitchen Aid 4-Slice Long Slot Toaster with High Lift Lever
- The toaster has extra-wide slots
- It has a removable crumb tray making it easy to clean
- It comes with a high lift lever
- Simple toasting from the start to end
- It has a cord storage area at the base
- It has seven different shade settings with reheat, keeps warm, defrosts, and bagel
You will love how versatile this toaster is if you like making your bread or buying a variety of artisan bread. The toaster has two extra-long slots that will each hold two standard sandwich bread slices.
- It accommodates different bread types
- The slot is 1.5 inches which means you can bake bagels, croissants, and thick bread slices
- The toaster is quite pricey since it’s versatile
· Black + Decker TR1278B 2-Slice Toaster
- The toaster features a push-button bagel function and defrosts controls
- Browning settings from one(lighter) to seven(darker)
- Extra-long slots ideal for buns, bagels, and thick artisan bread
- It has a drop-down crumb tray which makes cleaning easy
This toaster comes in simple silver and brushed black design and would look great on any modern kitchen countertop. It gives you the option of choosing whether to bake bread, bagels, or frozen food.
Press the defrost or bagel button right before engaging the lever by selecting settings option. The colour button offers different roasting levels.
- This model is affordable and gives impressive results
- The grill is integrated with the crumb tray that can be emptied easily to keep the toaster clean
- The toaster has a cord storage area at the base to keep it secure after use
- The controls are not high compared to other models
· Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster
Bagel mode comes with a feature which activates more heat at the centre heating elements to toast perfectly. Breville is quite slim with straightforward controls and intuitive features that are unique. It has extra-long slots for different bread types.
You can set the shade level and let the elevator lower it slowly into the grill. It also has LED lights that show the entire progress, and when done, it lifts the bread slice quietly. Besides the defrost and bagel settings, the toaster also has a lift and look buttons and more buttons.
- The toaster has an option to turn off the sound and lower the bread slice
- It comes with unique buttons for intuitive controls
- You need to go through the instructions before using
· Cuisinart Countdown Leverless 4-Slice Toaster
- The toaster has a motorized lift and stainless-steel housing
- It has an LCD countdown feature and LED display
- Bagel toasting with defrost, reheat and cancel options
- The toaster has a cord wrap to save on space
- It comes with a three-year warranty
Cuisinart Countdown Toaster would be your best bet if you want baked bagels and want something that can offer more than just sliced sandwiches. The design is ideal for busy households and usually serve everyone’s preferences with independent controls on the sides.
- The enhanced bagel toaster brings out perfectly baked slices and also warms the exterior
- The toaster breaks after using it severally
· Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven
- The toaster has an interior light that makes it easy to watch the cooking progress
- It features ten different pre-set cooking functions such as reheat, warm, roast, bagel, bake, slow cook, pizza, broil, and cookies
- It measures 11 × 14.5 × 18.5 inches and can hold up to six bread slices
- It has an in-built fan that circulates the air in the oven speeding up the cooking process
- The interior walls feature a non-stick coating making it easy to clean
Breville BOV845BSS is the perfect alternative if you are looking to upgrade to a toaster oven. It uses convection method of cooking to ensure everything is heated evenly. It additionally features three trays and accommodates a maximum of 3.5 litres.
- The toaster has a large capacity
- It has ten pre-set cooking functions and two types of heating elements
- The toaster tends to heat unevenly
- Cleaning is quite tricky
- For its quality, it’s a bit overpriced
· Waring Commercial WCT850RC Heavy Duty Toaster
Waring Commercial Toaster works well for large quantities as it can toast about 360 bread slices in an hour. You can use the toaster in professional kitchens too. It has 4 slots 1.5 inches wide where you can comfortably fit a conventional toast or bagels. It additionally has powerful levers on the side to lower and raise your toast.
Bread Toaster and Bagel Function
Waring Heavy Duty Toaster has a bread/bagel selector button for choosing your preferred toasting options. The appliance will toast one side of the bagel only if you choose the bagel function. Besides, you can also select a browning level by turning the knobs that correspond to the settings.
The 4-Slice bagel toaster features two separate control panels meaning you can choose different settings for each slot. It’s quite convenient for busy kitchen set-ups as you can prepare bread in different styles simultaneously.
Easy to Clean and Compact
The model is 10.5 inches deep, 9 inches high, and 11.9 inches wide. You can place it on any kitchen countertop and doesn’t take up too much space especially on professional settings. The bagel toaster weighs 17.5 pounds. It’s dishwasher safe and comes with a removable crumb tray to keep it clean and prevent crumbs from accumulating.
The best bagel toaster would be the Hamilton Beach and Breville Smart Toaster. The latter features a motor for lifting and lowering food items into the toaster and is ideal for longer bread slices. Hamilton Beach Toaster on the other hand is cheaper, compact, and has defrost and bagel options.