Why the Tefal Bread Maker Easily Beats Most Budget Bread Machines
Looking for an up-to-date Tefal bread maker review? This article is for you.
In this Guide
The Tefal Bread Maker (officially known as the T-fal PF311E ActiBread) has all the standard features you would find in the best bread machines available on the market. The features include 1-hour keep warm, 15-hour delay function, 3 crust colors, 3 loaf sizes, and 15 automatic menu programs.
The bread machine also comes in a stainless steel housing and looks sleek in its black plastic top. However, who does it perform? Is this bread maker worth it?
Read on to find out.
Tefal Bread Maker Review: Introduction
The T-fal bread machine features three gluten-free menu programs, like is the case with the top cheap bread makers. However, unlike the budget units, the T-fal ActiBread has a better design, is more durable, and works better. This explains why it is not a budget option.
In this Tefal bread maker review, we will look at the unit’s features and let you know what you should expect when you buy it.
Tefal Bread Maker Features
- Built for use for US and Canada households (120-volt, 60Hz, AC power outlets).
- The bread machine has a single kneading blade
- The bread pan has a non-stick coating
- Measures 16.1 x 12.5 x 14 inches
- The LCD display shows the crust color selections, timer, bake settings, and loaf size
- Has a brushed stainless steel body, and a black plastic bottom, lid, and top
- There is a viewing window on the lid
- 3 crust color options (light, medium, and dark)
- Can bake 3 loaf sizes (1, 1.5, and 2 pounds)
- Comes with 15 automatic programs for making different types of bread
- Has a 15-hour delay program start timer
- 1-hour keep warm function to ensure your freshly baked bread stays warm for up to an hour
Available Menu Programs
The 15 menu programs available on the T-fal ActiBread bread machine are:
- Pasta (can knead dough for gluten free pizza dough, noodles, and pasta)
- Bread dough (kneading and rising)
- Cooking only (from 10 minutes to 70 minutes)
- Sweet bread (bread recipes with more sugar and fats)
- French bread (traditional crusty white bread)
- Rapid sweet bread
- Rapid bread
- Salt free bread
- Whole wheat bread
- Rapid whole wheat bread
- Gluten free cake (1.5-pound size, use cake premix)
- Gluten free sweet bread (2-pound loaf size)
- Gluten free bread (use a 2-pound gluten free premix)
Tefal Bread Maker Review FAQs
Does the Machine Have a Baguette Tray?
On the same note, the baguette tray from the T-Fal Emeril cannot fit in the T-fal PF311.
Can You Make White Bread with Tefal Bread Maker?
This bread machine does not have specific settings for baking white bread. However, you can make white bread using the French bread setting and white bread recipe.
Can Tefal Bread Machine Make Whole Wheat Bread?
Yes. The Tefal bread machine can bake white bread. The unit has two settings for making normal whole wheat bread and rapid whole wheat bread.
The machine comes with an instruction manual that has the whole wheat bread recipe. You can bake 1-, 1.5-, and 2-pound loaves of bread with this machine.
Do You Have to Remove the Paddle Before Baking?
When baking, you do not have to remove the kneading paddle. You can leave it into the bread and remove it after the baking is done. The paddle has a hook that you can use to remove it from the baked loaf.
What Accessories Are Included?
This bread machine comes with a range of accessories, including a kneading blade, kneading blade removable hook, measuring cup, and a measuring spoon. The bread maker is also sold with a recipe book that features 25 recipes.
T-Fal ActiBread Manual
To get started with the Tefal bread maker, we recommend that you download its manual in the resource section here. The manual is available in both English and French.
In the manual, you will find 10 recipes to get you started. There are also recommendations of pre-mixes for making gluten free bread. This unit is easily one of the best gluten free bread machines.
If the 10 recipes on the manual are not enough for you, check out the recipe book that is shipped together with the machine. The book has 25 extra recipes.
- The machine does not have steel springs to hold the bread pan. Instead, the pan is held in place by a locking ring
- The machine looks sleek in its black plastic top and stainless steel body
- Has 3 gluten-free settings for making gluten-free cake, bread, or sweet bread.
- There is a viewing window on the lid through which you can see the progress of the baking
- Its Control Panel is easy to use
- The bread pan produces vertical bread loaves. If you wanted your bread to look horizontal like those sold at the supermarket, the machine is not capable of baking such loaves.
- Does not have an automatic fruit and nut dispenser
We love how the stainless steel body and black plastic top of the Tefal bread machine look. This bread maker has an easy-to-use Control Panel and a viewing window on the lid. The unit’s bread pan twists and locks into place with effort. You can easily remove the paddle and pan to clean them.
We also love how the Tefal bread machine kneads and bakes. The machine produces tasty cakes and bread. We highly recommend this single paddle, 2-pound load bread machine.