These 4 Bread Makers are Designed for Use by Large Families
Which is the best bread machine for large families? Read on to find out.
In this Guide
Have a large family and want to reduce your grocery bill? You should think of buying an automatic bread maker. However, when you read most bread machine reviews, you will quickly realize that most of the units are designed for small to medium-sized families.
Most of the popular bread makers can only bake loaf sizes of up to 2 pounds only (which is about 900g). Bread manufacturers have realized the limitation of the bread machines. This is why, today, you will find loaves weighing 3 pounds and over.
If you are looking for the best large bread machine, here are 6 products that we recommend.
Best Large Bread Makers
#1. Panasonic SD-YD250 (2.5-pound)
While the Panasonic SD-y250 is a small bread maker, it can bake loaves of bread of up to 2.5 pounds. This unit has a yeast dispenser at the top of the main lid. Therefore, when it’s time to add more ingredients, you won’t have to open the whole lid. The result? No heat is lost and this makes the bread bake more evenly.
On the outside, the bread maker consists of a rectangular white shell that is made of sturdy plastic. The product has rubber feet and, therefore, will not scuff off your countertops.
The small size of the bread maker makes it a perfect accessory for most kitchens.
The Panasonic SD-Y250 has just a few buttons. Therefore, it is easy to operate. Moreover, the bread machine has a 13-hour delay, which is excellent if you are planning to bake bread overnight.
This large bread maker is sold with an instruction manual and comes with more than 40 recipes for bread and dough.
- The automatic yeast dispenser will ensure the yeast stays dry until when it’s needed
- Has the dough option, which means it can automatically knead
- Features a solid and sleek construction
- Easy to use and clean
- Its rest periods can be quite long
- You cannot customize the bread programs to your personal preferences
- There is no viewing window on the lid
You will love the Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker for its compact size. However, the bread machine is still capable of baking large bread sizes. The unit has a unique yeast dispense and is easy to operate.
This is the best bread maker for large families to buy.
#2. Breadman BK2000B (2.5 Pounds)
With the Breadman BK2000B, you can easily make gourmet bread at home. The bread maker has various exciting features, including an option of baking 2 large loaves of bread concurrently.
The Breadman BK2000B is a little costly than the other large bread makers on our list. However, its features justify the higher price tag. The bread
machine comes with an adjustable measuring spoon, a collapsible measuring cup, a large loaf pan to ensure you can bake various goods for your large family, an instruction manual, and a recipe book with over 80 recipes for you to try.
The breadmaker also has an automatic nut and fruit dispenser. This feature makes it convenient to add flavor to your bread. The unit’s 15-hour delay time will also allow you to schedule your baking.
- Can be used to bake a large loaf
- Its collapsible paddles are easy to remove
- Comes with an automatic fruit and nut dispenser
- Has dough and bake only cycle
- Easy to use and clean
- The paddles may sometimes fail to collapse
- Does not have a pre-heat cycle
- Cannot to be used to make custom bread
While the Breadman BK2000B has some few setbacks, it is user-friendly. In fact, it is rated as one of the best large bread makers on the market.
#3. West Bend 41300 (2.5 Pounds)
The West Bend 41300 is a dual-make bread machine that you can use to make large bread at home. The machine is quite small but is an automatic bread maker.
This bread maker can make up to four load sizes. You can even bake a big loaf for bread for a large family. The bread machine comes with different programmable settings. The bread maker looks attractive in its outer black plastic and shell, stainless steel lid, and black front buttons.
The West Bend 41300 has a large LCD display at the front with easily-visible buttons. There are also two large viewing windows through which you can check the progress of your cooking. With this bread machine, you can make rectangular loaves such as those that are sold at the store.
- Has an attractive design
- Homemade programmable cycles
- Dual-kneading paddles and strong motor
- Can bake rectangular loaves
- The bread rises consistently
- Does not have an automatic fruit dispenser
- Its manual does not cover everything you need to operate the bread machine
This West Bend Bread Maker provides great value for your money, especially when you consider the features that it comes with. The dual-blade design makes the unit stand out, and you’ll love the rectangular loaves. This is one of the best bread-making machines for a large family.
#4. Black & Decker B6000C (3 Pounds)
Another bread maker for large families you should check is the Black & Decker B6000C. This unit can bake loaves weighing up to 3 pounds, which his enough to feed 6 to 9 people.
The Black & Decker bread maker has various features that make it one of the best bread machines on the market. The features include:
- Extra programs for making jam and kneading dough
- A crust control button
- Produces audible signals that remind you when it’s time to add fruits and nuts
- 8 bread-making programs
- Non-stick pan
- 13-hour delay timers
- Has a large viewing window
This is one of the best bread machines for making gluten-free bread. The unit has a non-stick bread-baking pan, which makes it easy to remove the bread and clean it. Moreover, its menu options are conveniently positioned at the front.
- Can make a 3-pound loaf
- Has a built-in window through which you can monitor the progress of your baking
- Produces an alarm to remind you when it’s time to add nuts or raisin
- Mixes dough thoroughly
- Fits most kitchen counters
- This is an affordable bread machine
- Its add-in notification is not adjustable
- Does not have a pre-heat function
- The LCD display is not backlit
The Black & Decker B6000C is an affordable bread maker for making large loaves of bread. This unit works great and its ability to bake 3-pound loaves is a plus.
Which is the Best Bread Machine for Large Families?
If you have a large family, you want a bread machine that can make big loaves. This way, you will end up saving quite some money on your grocery bills.
All the bread machines we have highlighted above will be great for large families. These bread makers are efficient, come with multiple programmable settings, and offer great value for money.