These Small Bread Makers Are Perfect for Every Family
Do you live alone and are looking for a small bread machine? Perhaps you just want to make bread at home for yourself or significant other? Or perhaps you have limited kitchen space but still want to bake bread at home?
Regardless of your situation, there are many small bread makers on the market that you’ll find suitable.
Read on for our recommendations of the best small bread makers.
Which is the Best Small Bread Maker?
The bread makers that we’ve recommended below are not only small in size but also have dozens of features that will allow you to bake various types of bread. We selected the bread makers based on ease of use, features, programmability, recipe options, and customer reviews.
#1. Zojirushi BB-HAC10 (Best Small Bread Maker)
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 is a 1-pound loaf bread maker that is perfect for apartment dwellers, singles, and couples with small families. The bread machine stands out for its sleek design and small size, which makes it ideal for kitchens with limited countertop space.
The small bread machine measures 11 x 8 x 12 inches, which is the size of most toasters. The small size means you don’t have to store it inside the closet; you can just keep it on the kitchen countertop.
The Zojirushi small bread maker has a quick bake cycle that will ensure you have tasty bread in under 2 hours. The time it takes to bake the bread will depend on the crust cycle you choose. You can also schedule your baking thanks to its 13-hour delay timer. Finally, you have three bread textures to choose from (soft, firm, and regular).
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 bread machine has a cookie/pasta dough setting. Therefore, if you’ve been wanting to make homemade pasta and cookies, get this machine. Other bake options available range from cakes to jam, basic to French bread.
- Has a carrying handle that makes it convenient to carry to a storage area
- Comes with an instruction video, recipe booklet, and manual
- Does not make a lot of noise when baking
- There is a view window on the lid through which you can watch the baking process
- Features a non-stick baking pan that is easy to clean
- You can use the “Keep Warm” feature to ensure your bread stays at the temperature you want
- Easy-to-use controls
- Weighs just 9 pounds
- It senses the correct temperature of the ingredients before starting to bake
- Its price is a bit high compared to other small bread machines on the market (check price here)
#2. Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake
This bestselling small bread machine on Amazon can bake 2-pound loaves. Therefore, if you are a couple, you can continue using it when you get kids. The small bread maker weighs 12.1 pounds and, therefore, is easy to carry.
The Oster CKSTBRTW20 features 3 crust settings and 9 different bake settings. The bread maker has a large LCD display that you can use to view the baking process. This machine allows you to bake anything that the best bread machines can, including basic bread, gluten-free bread, whole wheat bread, cake, jam, among others.
- The “Warm” setting will keep your bread warm in the unit after the baking process is finished
- You can add ingredients any time during the cooking process
- With the Expressbake features, you can prepare a 2-pound loaf in less than an hour
- Has a 13-hour delay timer
- One of the cheapest bread machines on the market
- Its outer design is just basic
#3. Panasonic SD-BMT1000
If you want to make commercial-level bread at home, get the Panasonic SD-BMT1000. The bread machine is small (size: 9.5 x 11.9 x 13.6 inches), makes 1-pound loaves.
The Panasonic bread machine features all the essentials, including an automatic yeast dispenser, a delay-start function, and a dough-only cycle.
You can make various types of bread with this unit, including French bread, whole wheat, herb bread, plain white bread, and more. Other baked goods that you’ll manage with the unit include baguettes, dinner rolls, and pizza dough. There is also a pre-programmed function for making specialty marble bread.
- Comes with a set of oven gloves
- Easy to clean
- Has a sleek design
- You can open the lid during the bake process to monitor what’s going on
- It is quiet while baking
This is a Japanese import and all the buttons and instruction manuals are in Japanese.
UPDATE: We’ve just been sent the English instructions for the Panasonic SD-BMT. Click here to get it in your email.
#4. Hamilton Beach HomeBaker 29882
With this small bread machine, you can make 1, 1.5, and 2-pound loaves. The unit measure 12.75 x 12.38 x 16.38, which is small enough to fit on a kitchen countertop.
The Hamilton Beach Homebaker has rubber feet. Therefore, it won’t scratch your kitchen top. The unit also has whole grain and gluten-free settings, in case you have nutritional concerns. Other features include 3 crust settings and 12 different bake settings.
This small bread maker can make jams, cakes, croissants, flatbreads, pizza dough, and other baked goods.
- Has an alarm reminder for adding nuts and fruits
- Easy to clean (The kneading paddles and bread pan are dishwasher safer)
- Easy to use. Simply add ingredients, select your preferred cycle, and start
- Affordable bread machine
- Weighs 12.6 pounds, which is a bit heavy
#5. Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker
With the Sunbeam 5891 Bread Maker, you can bake 1, 1.5, and 2-pound loaves. This unit offers 3 crust settings and 12 different settings for baking various types of bread. There is also a 13-hour delay timer, which you can use to set your baking time.
The Sunbeam bread machine measures 14 x 19 x 13.5 inches.
- Has a viewing window through which you can check the baking process
- The LCD display shows each stage of the baking process
- Made of durable materials
- Has a non-stick baking pan
- Its control panel is easy to use
- One of the cheapest small bread machines on the market
- It’s quite heavy (weighs 18.6 pounds)
- The kneading process can be a bit noisy
Which is the Best Small Bread Machine to Buy?
If you are wondering whether buying a bread machine is worth it, the answer is yes. Over time, the machines will pay for themselves.
When you have a bread machine, you will no longer have to buy bread in a supermarket. This can reduce your bills significantly, special if you have a large family or special dietary needs (e.g. need gluten-free bread).
All the small bread machines above come with various settings and bake options for goods such as cakes, pizza, jam, and bread. We particularly love the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 for its versatility and quality build.
If you need a cheap machine, we recommend the Oster CKSTBRTW20.